Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Homeschool

On August 10, 2011, I officially started homeschooling from 8 to 12 on weekdays two girls from a family that attends NGBC with me. Their names are Hannah and Ragan Brown. When I decided to do this, I also decided to really buckle down and have some "real school" time with Chloe as well. At first, I was really adoment about getting Chloe to sit down and get every little thing I had planned for her to do that day done. Now things have changed a lot. I mostly focus on the Brown girls from 8 to 12, and if Chloe wants to come sit down and have some "school time" then I have something ready for her to do. Otherwise, I have Chloe do some writing practice after the Browns have left and Ella is napping. Since I have started homeschooling her, she has learned the days of the week, months of the year, how to count to at least 30 (with a tiny bit of assistance), and how to write several letters. The main focus I have with her is writing letters and her name. Since she already knows the sounds of all the letters, I will soon be taking a second stab at teaching her to read. Oh, and I have been having a blast teaching the Browns. They are great students, and I really look forward to doing some exciting things with them this year. We are all learning so much! Here are a few pictures of the first day of homeschool:


No comments:

Post a Comment