Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of Dance Lessons

Finally, the day came for Chloe to start dance lessons.  We signed her up about a month ago and bought her practice outfits and shoes.  She has been dying to put them back on ever since trying it all on, but I didn't want them to get worn out or torn up before even using them. So, I made her wait until her actual lessons to wear them again.  She was soooo ready!  I took her in and introduced her to her teacher Mrs. Marcy.  She had no problem leaving me even though there were 2 or 3 other girls crying because they didn't want their moms to leave.  Mrs. Marcy showed her where to put her dance bag, and then they all sat in a circle together.  I snuck out at this point, and Ella and I went grocery shopping.  I came back to get Chloe a little before class was over, so I could watch a bit and maybe snag a picture or two.  Unfortunately, Ella wasn't having it.  I walked in and sat in the back where the other children were quietly waiting their turn.  I sat down, and Ella spotted her sister.  She wanted to go join her so bad.  I put Ella in my lap to watch Chloe dance, and Ella let out one of her blood curdling screams that only she knows how to do.  All eyes on Ella.... and me.  Instantly I walked out, and as I was sneaking out the door, I heard Chloe, who was front and center in front of Mrs. Marcy, tell her, "That's my baby sister." Mrs. Marcy nodded and with a smile said, "Yes, that is your baby sister." On the way home, Chloe talked and talked about all the little things she learned.  She got most excited when she told me they had danced to "RAPUNZEL MUSIC!!!"  I can't wait to see her first show!  Hopefully Ella won't try to be the center of attention then!



No comments:

Post a Comment